Winsley Methodist Church is situated in the village of Winsley, Wiltshire about 2 miles west of Bradford on Avon on the B3108. It is situated in the old part of Winsley opposite Dorothy House Hospice. On entering Winsley follow signs for Dorothy House. (Map)
The church now standing was started in 1901 and completed 1903 and replaced an earlier chapel, the building of which began in 1808. This earlier chapel was given a Meeting House Certificate in 1811. By the end of the 1800's it became clear that the Sunday School had outgrown the space available and in June 1901 the trustees decided to build a new church. A stone-laying ceremony took place on May 9th 1902 and the church completed in 1903. See history (PDF)
This is now the Winsley Methodist Church and it became a listed building in the 1980's.
There is no longer a Sunday school.
Services are held Sunday mornings 10.30 am.
On the 2nd Saturday of each month there is a fund raising Social/Coffee morning 10.30 – 12.00 with books/jigsaw puzzles and Bring & Buy stall.
The schoolroom can be hired for meetings, choir practice and children's parties. All enquiries to the Steward Mr Gordon Butler. (contacts)